Yesterday afternoon I had the kids' conferences. While they are both excelling and have great scores, I couldn't help but think of what I would get.
Every job evaluates their employee every couple of months or so too. So it got me thinking...If my husband were to evaluate me, what score would I get? So I asked him. Of course he lied straight to my face and said I was a 10. Pure lie. I'm not stupid.
Because when you think about it, who really deserves a 10? My attitude is never perfect, my house is never spotless, and sometimes I make a frozen pizza for dinner. I have yet to succeed at making anything from pinterest and my laundry has been sitting in a basket for 2 days.
Yesterday I tried to set myself up good. I got the girls' dance bags ready, set by my purse along with my son's Cub Scout book.
Off to pick them up from school and go directly to conference #1, got there early enough to even check out the book fair. Awesome sauce. Done earlier than I thought, let's be a horribly unhealthy family and swing through a drive through quick because we only have 10 minutes to eat something (no, I didn't pack food, are you serious?!). Wait in line for freaking ever (10 min) and finally tell the kids to chow fast because our next stop is conference #2 across town. Get there and walk into the classroom 5 minutes late. Stay longer than expected and now its 10 minutes until dance. Sweet, we got this, it's 5 blocks away. WRONG....Mommy (that would be me) FORGOT the dance bags and book. DAMMIT, I almost had it too! So, kick'er down and hurry home to grab them. Gas light comes on. MotherF@#%&. Too bad, I'm gonna chance it. Walk into dance 15 minutes late for a 50 minute class and they aren't even dressed yet. Get them dressed in a 1 piece with a tutu.. "Mommy I have to pee"...I JUST asked you if you had to go potty?!?! See how this goes?
Today RIGHT when I got in my hot bubble bath, the school called and I needed to go up there. Umm, sure.
There will NEVER be enough time in the day or energy in my body to keep up with it all. Never. And that's ok. I get overwhelmed at times and struggle here and there, but I know it's worth it. But just as you complain about your job, or that it's already Monday, I get to feel that way too.
I always have something to do, somewhere to be, and at least 1 birthday party every weekend. But sometimes I JUST DONT WANNA.
Moral of the story, I am HUMAN. Somewhere between 1 and 10 is just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment