Saturday, October 11, 2014

Leaving the stress behind

Man this week was a busy one. Hectic days lead me to a brain overload.

But this weekend has been pretty great, the type of days I live for!

Last night a friend and I actually got to go shopping WITHOUT kids! Yes! We started out with all SIX kids 8 & under in tow at WALMART! Holy yikes! Haha. Which then lead us to releasing them to someone else and going shopping alone. It was pretty amazing! We even got to eat dinner without getting up mid meal to fetch something for a child! Perfect!

Today my husband and I decided to have a family day. Ok, I decided, but he AGREED with a happy heart!

So, we looked up a new pumpkin patch to venture to, as we go to a new one every year and had a great time. I'm really not a fan of paying to get into someone's field and then having to buy $2 tickets for EVERY LITTLE THING my kids want to do. It was fun, and not crazy expensive, but I live for the cheaper fun ;-) So, we had our fun there and since pumpkins were $.45/pound, we went to one we went to last year to get ANY size for a flat $4. Yup, we were pumpkin patch hoppers today and my kids LOVED every second of it.

Surprisingly, there was NO fighting, no request of me every 5 seconds and a little peace as they went and did their "thing" in the corn pit and such. We had some yummy fall treats and bought some dried out Indian Corn to make our own popcorn at home, on the cob! That is definitely something I will be getting every year!

It was so nice to leave the laundry, dishes and random messes from the kids and just go be a family. I enjoyed it so much, that I came home and make homemade stroganoff, something new! And super yummy! I surprise myself daily!

So, I guess the point of my post is, leave all the crap for later and get out and enjoy a family day! Clear  your head and get that quality time together and a million cute pictures! Broke? Find a pumpkin patch that is free to get into and just go for the activities that they have there! You don't HAVE to buy anything!

Going to bed tonight with a clear mind and happy heart, something I truly cherish sometimes!!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment